There are some really great ideas for keeping your fridge organized, and some ideas that you may choose to ignore on so many social media platforms these days!
It's a great opportunity to talk about fridge clean-outs, pantry reorganization and a general cleaning purge to set yourself up for success when it comes to having meals, beverages and snacks on hand!
Start with your refrigerator and do a thorough clean-out.
This means to start by removing everything from the fridge and discard anything that has passed its expiration date or no longer corresponds to your health and wellness goals.
Then with hot, soapy water, wipe down all your fridge’s shelves and door units - make sure to get to those nooks and crannies we always miss out!
Once your fridge is ready to be restocked, remember these tips to have a neater, and more efficient fridge storage system!
- Use transparent boxes to store foods like applesauce and cheese.
- Take the beverages from the box and arrange them in a line with comparable drinks.
- Cut up fruits and vegetables and store them in clear glass or plastic containers so you can see what's inside.
- Items that require the coldest temperatures should be kept on the top rear shelf.
- Line drawers with fridge paper to make cleaning up loose fruits and vegetables easier.
Every household, person, and diet is different. There are countless ways to reorganize, reprioritize, and re-work your fridge - it might take you several attempts at the entire process to figure out what works best for you but rest-assured that the hard work, will pay off in the end when meals come easier, healthier, and more in sync with your diet and lifestyle.