It’s that time of year where you are trying to squeeze in your vacation and abandon the duties of adulting and day-to- day life.
You CAN’T wait to leave behind, cooking, cleaning, work, school, and all the other stress you deal with on a regular basis.
Before you go, ask yourself on question: “Do I really want to go completely off track so my body and mind are screaming at me for ruining all my hard work?”
If your answer is no, here are some quick tips to make sure you aren’t taking things too far while on vacation:
- Plan where you will eat and review the menus first
- Pack what you can, so you don’t make poor decision when you wait too long to eat
- Don’t change your eating habits for vacation, try to stick to the plate method.
- Sweat it out- don't quit working out just because you aren’t home, ask your coach for some workouts to do.
- Use the 80/20 Rule. Allow for up to 4 meals and 3 snacks off plan, but keep them in moderation.
- Find time to decompress and just be, every moment doesn’t have to be filled.