We all know how important meal prepping can be to your success.
There is a famous quote by George Washington that says:
“If you fail to plan, you are planning to fail.”
We agree with that 100%, so we decided to put together a few tip and tricks to help with your meal prepping.
1. Plan out your meals for the week
a. Choose one to three breakfasts, lunches, and dinners to rotate for the work week
b. Choose one to two snacks that can be put together in various combinations
2. Choose easy recipes. The ones on our site are a great place to start, check them out under Nutrition >Healthy Recipes
3. Use ingredients that can be prepared in various ways. (ex. Quinoa as a side, quinoa mixed in with eggs, quinoa cooked in turkey meatballs, etc.) or look for recipes with ingredients that overlap.
4. Do all your shopping and prepping once a week (even if they aren’t on the same day) and keep to the routine
5. Make extra to freeze for those days or weeks where you have a little extra on your plate (HAHA!! GET IT?)
6. Keep staples on hand
a. Spaghetti Sauce (I love Farmers Market)
b. Stubb’s BBQ Sauce
c. Quinoa or Brown Rice
d. Rx Bars, Lara Bars, Perfect Bars, or Low Sugar Kind Bars
e. Frozen veggies steamables
f. Canned Tuna or Chicken
g. Protein Powder
h. Boiled Eggs
i. Low Sugar Greek yogurt
7. Start the things that take the longest first- so while they are going you can do all those tedious smaller tasks.
8. Go ahead and put your portion in containers for the week so you can just grab and go
9. Try blanching your veggies to help them stay fresh longer (including in the freezer)
10. Don’t keep your food in the fridge for too long! Cook for 5-7 days and only allows 3-4 days in the fridge while the rest goes into the freezer to be on the safe side.
11. Clean while you cook- so when you are finished you don’ have an entire kitchen to clean!
We hope these tips and tricks help. So, keep prepping and keep making plans to succeed- not fail.
Remember the more you do it, the better you get, don’t give up!