With the busy lifestyles that most of us lead, it’s no wonder that meal prepping has become such a popular way to make sure we’re eating healthy, nutritious meals. Meal prepping simply means taking the time to cook and portion out meals in advance, so that you have them ready to eat when you need them.
There are countless benefits to meal prepping, including saving time and money, reducing food waste, and eating healthier. If you’re looking for some tips on how to get started with meal prepping, read on!
1. Have easy staples on hand.
- If you want to make meal prepping easier, it's helpful to have easy staples on hand. This could include items like pre-cooked chicken, hard-boiled eggs, quinoa, roasted vegetables, etc. Having these staples on hand will make it easier to throw together a healthy and balanced meal, without having to cook everything from scratch. Of course, you don't have to meal prep to eat healthy. But if you find that meal prepping saves you time and helps you eat better, then it's worth considering. Having easy staples on hand is one way to make meal prepping easier and more effective.
2. Batch prepare some favorites for the week.
- One of the best ways to make meal prepping easier is to batch prepare some of your favorite recipes. This way, you can cook once and have a few meals ready to go for the week. Not only is this more efficient, but it also saves you time and money in the long run. To get started, choose a few of your favorite recipes that can be easily made in bulk. Then, set aside some time on the weekend to do all the cooking at once. Once you're finished, you can store the meals in the fridge or freezer so they're ready to be eaten throughout the week. Batch cooking is a great way to make meal prepping more streamlined and less time-consuming. So if you're looking for an easy way to get started, give it a try!
3. Make 3-4 meals on Sunday and heat up throughout the week for easy lunches and/or dinners.
- Making a bunch of meals on Sunday and then eating them throughout the week is a great way to make meal prepping easier. By doing this, you can cook once and then have a bunch of meals ready to go for the week. This can be a great time saver, especially if you are someone who doesn't have a lot of time to cook during the week. There are a few things to keep in mind when you are making meals to eat throughout the week. First, you will want to make sure that you are making meals that can be easily reheated. Meals like soups, stews, and casseroles are great options because they can be reheated in the microwave or on the stove. Another thing to consider is how long the meals will last in the fridge. You will want to make sure that you are making enough